As much as your face value counts, your locks append equal charm to your overall personality, irrespective of its length. Genetics plays a huge role in the kind of hair you are born with. While some are born with long, black, beautiful, shining hair, some inherit dull, frizzy, thin hair. It varies from person to person. Although, you cannot change your hair type, but you can certainly ensure to nourish your hair to make it healthier. The harsh cosmetics, conditioners, serums have a drastic effect on your tresses that leave it frizzy, dry and dull. When it comes to treating your hair, the best place to look for is your kitchen where you can find some miraculous ingredients to recoup the lost sheen.
Listed below are some home-based remedies for dry, frizzy, dull and rough hair. These tips can help get you silky, smooth, shiny and soft hair overnight.
Home Remedies for Dry and Frizzy Hair
The best home remedies for dull and rough hair is to get the hot oil treatment. The oil used for this treatment is made at home and can be used once a week for silky, smooth and shiny hair.
Hot Oil Massage
- To make the oil concoction take 2tbsp almond oil, 2 tbsp olive oil, 2 tbsp jojoba oil and 2 tbsp coconut oil (cold pressed preferably).
- Mix all the oils well in a pot and warm it. Ensure not to overheat it.
- Massage with circular motions and wrap your hair in a towel for 30 minutes. Wash with mild shampoo later.
Also check the castor oil benefits for hair.
This alcoholic drink is also known for its conditioning properties. The presence of Vitamin B in beer makes it good for hair.
- All you need is ½ flat beer and 2 cups of water.
- Mix ½ cup beer in two cups of water and keep it aside in a jug.
- Shampoo your hair normally.
- After washing, use the diluted beer for final rinse.
- Allow your hair to dry naturally.
How to Get Silky Smooth Hair Overnight
Here is how to make hair soft and shiny instantly using the following home remedies.
Milk & Honey
- Milk in raw form acts as a good conditioner for hair, whereas honey moisturizes it and clarifies it.
- Mix 1 tbsp of honey in a glass of raw milk. Apply it gently on your hair with the help of your fingers and cover your hair with a shower cap. Next morning wash hair with mild shampoo.
Coconut Oil and Honey
- Coconut oil (preferably cold pressed) is extremely good for hair growth. It provides nourishment and aide hair growth. While on the other hand honey has cleansing and moisturizing properties that works well for your hair.
- After rinsing your hair with water dry it with a towel.
- In a bowl, take 2 tbsp of coconut oil and add 1tspn pure honey to it.
- Apply this mixture on the scalp and hair.
- Wear a shower cap overnight and wash it next morning with mild shampoo.