Messy tresses are not easy to manage and always needs extra care. Many girls out there want to get silky smooth shiny tresses but the expensive salon treatments are not good enough for them as they are full of chemicals. Chemical treatments on hair can make them look lustrous instantly but the damages to hair can be seen after sometime once the effect of the treatments sheds away.
If you do not want to use any chemical based treatments on your tresses and still wish to have silky shiny hair then know the benefits of milk for healthy hair. Milk has countless wonderful properties that can do wonder to skin and hair.
Also Read : Get Thicker Hair Naturally
Benefits of Milk on Hair
Adding milk to your daily diet is always recommended by almost all the nutritionists. Milk is considered as one of the best sources of protein. Whey and Casein are two kinds of protein that are good for hair. Milk is protein rich and has both the proteins in it. Low protein in body causes hair thinning and stops hair growth. Milk protein helps thicken the tresses and ads shine to it.
Whey protein stops hair loss and make stronger hair. It is a required for building muscle mass. The adequate use of whey stimulates the growth of hair follicles. You can try whey protein hair mask on your hair to make them healthy and strong. To prepare this hair mask you just need to mix these items – whey, egg yolk and honey. The paste would be thick so to generate a smooth paste you may add little water to it and then apply on hair.
Casein milk protein is glutamine rich. Glutamine is an essential amino acid that improves hair follicle growth. Milk can be used as a natural treatment to the dull, damaged and fizzy hairs.
How to Straighten Hair Naturally Using Milk?
To make your hair straight using milk, follow the below recipe and procedure –
- 1/3rd cup of milk – (You may use coconut milk or any other creamy rich milk)
- 1 spoon honey
- 1 spoon rose water
- A spray bottle
- A wide-toothed comb
- Mix all three ingredients – Milk, Honey and Rose water. Blend them to make a smooth liquid.
- Fill the spray bottle with the mixed liquid. Spray the solution on wet hair. Apply it thoroughly from hair roots to the lengths and tips.
- Now use a wide-toothed comb to manage your hair. Do not let your hair curl up as it may entrap milk and make a solid layer on your hair. It can be painful to remove it from hair if not applied properly.
- After applying, massage the scalp. In few minutes milk will soak into the hair. It will nourish them and straighten the tresses.
- Rinse your hair thoroughly.
Now naturally dry your hair. You will see good impact just after first use. Hair will get straighten, soften and conditioned.
- Lactose intolerant or allergic people should not try this.
- Comb hair gently and do not pull it badly.
- This technique may not work well on highly curled hair. But it will nourish the strands.
So, girls don’t wait to try this amazing milk hair therapy at home and don’t forget to share your experience with us.
Also Read : Hair Care Routine According to Hair Type