Digestive problems are plaguing our body with acidity, bad flatulence and stomach ailments. These conditions are indicative of indigestion due to bad choice of foods and hazardous lifestyle habits. Eating too much or gorging on oil laden preparations filled with heavy spices could also induce indigestion in body. Other cited reasons include smoking, consumption of alcohol, anxiety and stress. The other term for this condition is dyspepsia and the common signs indicating indigestion are abdominal pain, gar, belching, vomiting, growling stomach and bloating. Thankfully, this condition can be reversed by making dietary changes and lifestyle alterations. Here we have listed some yoga poses for digestion and constipation that will help you relieve from the serious condition.
Also known as the sitting half spinal twist pose, it can be done following the below given instructions-
- Sit on the ground and extend your legs, so that your toes point towards the ceiling.
- Bend your left leg underneath the right leg so as to place the foot aside your right butt.
- The right foot should be straight on the ground. Keep it close to your left knee.
- Extend right and left arms. Twist the upper side of your body towards right.
- The right arm should be on the ground, behind the back, whereas the left hand should be placed on the right ankle (in the front side of your body). Remain in this pose for 30 seconds. Slowly increase the time to 160 seconds.
- Slowly retrieve the starting pose and repeat it on the other side.
Also known as the Wind-Relieving Pose, it is one of the easiest yoga poses for bowel movement.
- Lay on ground in backward reclining position and bring your legs close to your chest.
- Try to lift your head and place your nose in between the knees.
- Remain in this pose for 10 to 15 seconds.
- You can alternatively extend one leg out.
Shushuasana or Balasana
Here is another yoga exercise for constipation relief. In a layman’s language, you simply crouch over your knees on the ground while pushing lower abdomen.
- Kneel down and ensure your knees touch the floor.
- While you sit, your buttocks should touch your feet. Keep your hands on your knees.
- Slowly start moving your hands forward and simultaneously lower your body down until your stomach touches your knees and your arms are stretched on the front side. You can either touch the floor or take your arm behind to hold your feet.
- Relax for a while and take slow deep breaths through your nostrils.
- Sustain this pose for 30 seconds and slowly release.
More commonly known as garland pose, it is essentially squatting down with your feet.
- Unlike usual squatting pose, this yoga exercise involves use of feet. Keep your feet as close as possible so as they slightly point outwards.
- Heels should be firmly placed on the floor. For convenience, you can keep a folded towel underneath, before starting.
- Slowly separate your thighs so that they appear a tad wider than your body. In the next step, slowly lean between your thighs.
- Place your elbows close to the knees with your hands folded in prayer position and apply gentle force against your knees, allowing widening the abdomen.
- Stay in this pose for 30 seconds and breathe gently through nostrils before you retain to normal position.
These are some exercises to relieve constipation fast. With right diet and lifestyle changes, you can get rid of this condition.