As the winds of change are about to take winters away with them, we are headed for summers that bring along scorching heat and longer days. While we constantly need to moisturize our skin during winters, summers demand sunscreen to shelter our skin from sun and its harmful rays. This is indeed worrying for those with oily skin type. During summers oily sensitive skin can cause skin related issues including pimples, acnes, blackheads and large sized open pores. Despite all the problems oily skin creates, it is indeed a blessing when it comes to wrinkles and ageing. Oily skin retains the youthful look for relatively longer time.
Causes of Oily Skin
Before we get into discussing oily skin care tips, let us understand the causes of excessive oily skin.
Oily skin is usually a result of genetics which we inherit through our parents; therefore there is nothing one can do if it has been passed on to them from their parents. But we can take precautions to keep it free from skin problems.
Use of Cosmetics in excess
Another reason is excessive use of chemical laden cosmetic products as they also induce secretion of excess oil from the sebaceous glands.
Stress releases cortisol hormone in our body which has fatal effect on our bodies both in physical and mental terms. Not many know that stress also inflicts our skin. Chronis stress triggers production of androgen hormones that aggravate oil production.
Females go through a series of hormonal changes throughout their life which is identified as one of the reasons behind secretion of excess oil from sebaceous glands in women.
This could also be a side effect caused by continual heavy medication taken for birth control pills that promote oil production.
Oily Skin Care Routine
- It is advisable to use lukewarm water instead of cold water for cleaning oily skin.
- Skin cleansing should be done regularly to avoid outburst of acne, pimples and blackheads. If you have acne scares on face then you must try these 5 essential oils to treat acne scar marks.
- Scrubbing should be practised 2-3 times on weekly basis.
- Use natural masks made from multani mitti, besan, aloe vera etc for oily skin.
- Make up should be subdued as summers approach.
- Do not run your hands on your face as it transfers germs, oil and dirt.
- Drink as much water as you can to keep a balance.
- Avoid eating deep fried oily food and include fruits and salad in your diet.
How to Glow Oily Skin Naturally at Home?
Ditch the chemical laden products to wash away excess oil from your skin, instead try these home remedies for oily skin in summers. While you look for a solution in the medicine stores, there is a lot you can do at home. Try the oat meal aloe vera scrub, banana milk and oats face scrub, apple/banana honey face pack, mango mask, egg yolk/white face mask. These can be prepared easily at home and have no side effects on the skin unless you are allergic to any of the above mentioned ingredients. The best thing is these ingredients are easily available in the kitchen and can be used regularly for a soothing, oil free and problem free skin. Read here some of the effective homemade natural face packs for instant glowing skin.